Sunday 9 March 2014

Print room samples

Sample 1: A3 cotton
BG: Yellow MX3R 15ml
        Orange MX2R 5ml
S1: black BM 3ml
S2: black BM 1ml (grey)

I found this sample easy to do because I used cotton, and cotton is very easy to work with as it is not very stretchy so the first print on the the fabric doesn't move when it comes to doing the seconds screen print.

Sample 2:  A3 cotton
BG: yellow MX3R 10ml
        red MX2R 5ml
S1: black BM 3ml
S2: black BM 1ml (grey)

I found this sample easy to do because I used cotton, and cotton is very easy to work with as it is not very stretchy so the first print on the the fabric doesn't move when it comes to doing the seconds screen print. But with my second sample I  found that the grey colour didn't work as well, because the background colour was darker on this sample.

Sample 3: A3 habotai heavy silk
BG: red MX2R
S1: black BM 3ml
S2: black BM 1ml (grey)

using heavy silk was very difficult when printing, although this sample is the better of both my heavy silk samples because after I  printed the first screen on my 5th sample, which i did before this sample, I noticed that the pattern was impossible to line because of the fabric moving and being so stretchy, so with sample 3 I made sure I taped down the fabric so that it couldn't move to prevent having trouble lining up my design.

Sample 4: A3 habotai heavy silk
BG: red MX2R 15ml
        orange MX2R 5ml
        yellow MX3R 5ml
        turquoise MXG 5ml
S1: black BM 3ml

I didn't complete this sample due to problems with lining up as stated under sample 3. Also the outcome of the colour was different to what wanted, as I originally dyed it brown, but after washing the procion out i wasn't left with the colour i wanted.

Sample 5: A3 devore silk viscose
BG: red MX5B 15ml
        orange MX2R 15ml
        water 15ml
S1: devore.

this is my sample of devore only, and I only printed one screen because of lining up problems the same with sample 4. I think the colour came out nice and worked well with the project theme of the sea, as it is a very coraly colour.

Sample 6: A3 muslin (white)
BG: none.
S1: black BM 3ml
S2: brown RRT 3ml

mulin is nice to print on becuase the colours stay vibrant and seem to have a nice finish. also it is a very light material so I feel it fits nice with the theme of the sea, as it is very flowing.

Sample 7: A3 muslin (white)
BG: red MX2R 15ml
        orange MX2R 5ml
        yellow MX3R 5ml
        turquoise MXG 5ml
S1: black BM 3ml
S2: puff binder (no colour)

 mulin is nice to print on because the colours stay vibrant and seem to have a nice finish. also it is a very light material so I feel it fits nice with the theme of the sea, as it is very flowing. the colour on this fabric worked batter than on sample 4, as the colour I got after washing was more or less the same as before.




No comments:

Post a Comment