Sunday 9 March 2014

Live brief: evaluation.



The project I have been working on is called ‘live brief’, in this project I was told to create a selection of sheet work, a sketchbook of research and a range of samples for a small clothing company from my local area. The design I was told to create was for an Avant grade dress, but it had to be in monochrome and one other colour, and the theme was sea invertebrates.
To start my project I collected a selection of research, both primary and secondary. To collect my primary research I went on a college trip to the Liverpool museum where I took photos in the aquarium of sea invertebrates so I could get a good idea of pattern at colour I could possibly use in my final design. I produced a sketchbook to record my research and to show my own ideas and sketches.
Once I had some research I produced a mood board of the secondary research I had collected, from this board I selected images and colour to take forward to my visual sheets. I produced two visual sheets from the images I developed from my mood board. From my visual sheets I produced two design development sheets with a strong colour theme and design, as I have to use these design development sheets to design my final design.
The parts of my sheet work I took forward into my designs were the colour theme of rd, yellow, pink and brown, and also the shell pattern and coral formations.
My experience in the print room for this project was over all okay, I did come across some problems, the most prominent problem was that due to the fact that I had never work on stretchy material, I have trouble re positioning my material to print my second screen., this created problems because due to not being able to line two of my prints up, I had to completely start them again, but this time I made sure that a kept the fabric taped down so that the design wouldn’t move and I could then line the second screen up fine.
Throughout this project I kept a diary of my progress and what I was doing, this really helped me keep track of my time and how long I have to do things.
Overall I am satisfied with my work,  the only problems I had with my work was in the print room, with lining up my prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment